Thursday, January 1, 2009

Simply Glamorous

The most eventful moment in my life this week has been a trip to the salon. How sad. I finally gave up on my 'box job' do's and decided to suck it up and spend the money on a real hairstyle. Considering that my roots had grown out about 2 inches, were 30% gray, and I had fried my ends with multiple do-it-yourselvers, T was begging me to go and spend the money. (Can you tell who the frugal one is in this relationship??) So I go to my normal salon (if you call an appt. every 4 months regular), request whoever has an opening and get the sweetest little Southern Belle, 9 month pregnant stylist. She ends up being a blast and 3 1/2 hours later, after an entire head dye, then highlights, then a cut and style - we close down the salon and I happily write her a decent tip. So here are the results:

I'm too lazy to drag the camera out for a picture of just ME, so you'll have to make due with my computer photo-booth. So today I feel all pur-ty and go out to shop at my favorite consignment store, buy 4 shirts, a tote, and a purse for $16 (total!) and come back home feeling all dolled up. After a short New Year's party at a friends, T rang in the New Year snoring in his Lazy Boy watching the Carolina game and I watched the clock tick over while shopping on eBaby. Man, don't I know how to live the high life!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Dahling, you look mahvelous! Good for you!