Sunday, January 11, 2009

Don't worry mommy...

This kid is just too cute. I could eat him up. And every couple of days, he really turns on his charm and wit, especially when he knows you may be needing it.

Every time we had chicken with any kind of bone, Braeden would ask about the wishbone. So today, when we had a whole rotisserie chicken, I found the wishbone and let him and his brother fight it out. (Except for the fact that the bone was pretty plastic and refused to break.) Braeden then says, "you know what I wished for Mommy??? That I could go to Heaven!" To which I replied, "well that is a very good wish but you have to make me a deal. If you decide to go you have to take us all with you because I don't want you going by yourself!"

10 minutes later the boys were preparing to go with T to our friends to ride mini-me-bikes. The little, itty bitty dirtbikes. Two years ago T's best friend died in a motorcycle accident so this was a first and T was extremely anxious about the boys riding motorcycles, little or not. But they got back 'on the horse' and had a great time. Now the boys can't sleep because they are so excited about riding on a real dirt track next weekend with Mike and T.

So while getting ready to go, Braeden was so excited and I kissed him and told him, "you be careful!", to which he said, "don't worry mommy, I'm not going to die" in the most reassuring little voice ever. To which I smiled and thought to myself, I'm just glad you didn't win the wishbone today sweetie... A girl can only take so much stress!

** the picture above is with his Ephesian's soldier bear. We got another to take to his buddy Amanuel in TWENTY-SEVEN DAYS!!! I took pictures of the kids with theirs to put in Amanuel's photo album I am bringing him. Little man sleeps with his bear everynight and it has been a great memory tool (for mommy, not for the kids!) We have been writing to our Compassion children referencing Ephesians 6. Braeden's Kindergarten teacher told me that one day he was making an army truck in the block center to remind him that he "was a soldier for God." My mom says he is the one that is going to grow up to be a pastor. With his wit and stories, I'm thinking mega-church....

Ephesians 6: 13-17
13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

No comments: