Monday, May 18, 2009

Perfect people, or not....

Just a quick one (I KNOW, didn't think it would ever happen, did you??)

I was on one of my completely neurotic trips yesterday before church and was trying to get the kids to clean up their messes/ do their chores before they watched more of that idiot tube thingy we have in our living room. (they are suppose to finish them on Sat. morning before cartoons can start. Uh... it was Sunday. So follow-thru may not be my strong point).

They put forth a minimal amount of effort and popped back on the couch with the remote. Hey, at least it was Boomerang. I shouldn't flip out over the Snorks, I know....

To which the top of my head flies off and I start slinging the "I'm tired of cleaning up after you all the time! Does this look like you have put your stuff away? Does this look like you finished your job? Just look around!"

So they clean up and I take a sec. to look around. My shoes are on the floor. My bed isn't made yet. Bills are fanned around on our desk. Dirty dishes from last night still on the counter. Out of the Heavens comes what seemed to me to be a completely audible voice saying - "So you're expecting them to try to be perfect while you will never be???" Ouch.

Lesson learned. Thanks Dad.

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

That is a hard lesson to learn. I do the same thing all the time. Do as I say, not as I do-yeah right-lol!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Wowzers. Gotta love teachable moments er,...being taught while teaching.