Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bab-a-pa-tized

So here's the facts:
*On Sunday, our church family got together at a Christian camp / lake to celebrate it's annual baptism ceremony and fellowship.
*When Seth was 2 years old, we had him baptized (sprinkled) at the church we attended. At the time, and still now, we felt we were being in obedience to what God would have us to do as his parents.
*Over a year ago, Seth felt it was time to officially ask Jesus into his heart. To quit just saying "come in my heart" every night but to really repent of the sins he had committed and recognize his understanding that he needs Christ.
*We haven't pressured Seth to be baptized, but did want to explain immersion and baptism to him so in case it was something he felt he needed to do to be in obedience.
*Addison says you need to go to a lake to be "bab-a-pa-tized"....

He thought not... shyness won over in a big way, for the past year. Seth HATES to be up in front of people. His little brother, on the other hand, was BEGGING to be baptized. But really, it's just because he "wanted a new body". Understanding still not quite there, I think....

But ON Sunday, he first told Chris, the youth pastor, that he was only going to be baptized cause Daddy wanted him to be. Uhhhh, wrong answer. Then on the way home, he says, "no, I think I should, because I think it's the right thing for me to do."

So the pastors talk to him at the picnic, I race back to the car for the cameras, and then watch as T is the one to officially 'deliver' my big boy into God's family.



**the really cool thing is - T also delivered Braeden. The Dr. handed him the gloves, "put this hand here, this hand here, and catch". A couple months back, when Braeden was acting up, T said "hey, I brought you into this world... I can take you out!" To which Braeden says, "no you didn't!! Mommy did!!" To which I said, "Uh, do you REALLY want to get into this now at the age of 6??"

So, T has been able to bring both our boys into a new life, how unbelievably awesome is that!!

3 comments:

GinSpaghetti said...

WHoo hoo! You're in my reader now and I'm making my way through the daily blogs... I loved this post Tracy! What an amazing thing for T to have the opportunity to do!

Abbie H. said...

How wonderful for Seth and the whole family! And a wonderful story to be remembered for Seth and his walk with God.

pippasmum said...

Hello, Tracy! It's nice to meet you - I am a friend from Abbie's blog. Congratulations on such an important milestone and thanks for sharing it with us!