Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Prayers Please

Endurance - persistence - boldness - strength. All of those things I would like to have. All of those things are avoiding me at the moment. We finally got around to putting the sign in the yard for the house yesterday, and it doesn't seem monumental. A couple weeks of delay was just enough to distract me from our goal that I feel kind of like I'm just wandering around the woods wondering which way to go. Add that to busyness, illness, and everyday life and the enemy has done a wonderful job of knocking me off my faith pedestal where I was so sure about all things involved with this adoption and its financing.

I know this is the point where I should be deep in my prayer life for large portions of the day - but my head is kind of in a fog. It's almost as if the adoption really isn't going forward, like my mind just gave up even though my heart is yelling to get going. And I know this is only just the beginning of our periods of waiting.

So I'm asking my friends and prayer partners to lift me up. Lift us up. We are at a standstill with the clock ticking away on our application and needing God to move in a major way to take another step forward. Please pray that I would find the commitment and drive to regain the passion and faith I needed to start this journey. Please pray that our house would come together into a perfect model (vs. the state of home repair it is in the moment). And pray that God would bring the perfect person to us to purchase it, all in his timing. And that we would be o.k. with whatever that is. I know that God puts good Christian friends around you to lift you up when you are feeling down. And I thank God that I have you all as those friends.

1 comment:

SiLa said...

My dear Tracy, I wrote you an e-mail, before I read this post and now I see how God wonderfully connect us.
I am thinking of you and praying for you and God too. Rest is in the e-mail.
God bless you all. Amen.