Monday, June 1, 2009

My little blessings

There are days as a mother where I feel I don't have it all together. Days when I feel ragged and worn. Days when I know that it is not by my own strength that I hold my household together.

And then there are the days when all I can do is smile. To admire a bit of God's creation - the little ones that He is allowing me to care for. To see their beauty and to see their innocence and to know that they are not mine but His.

To know that they are in His arms, sheltered and loved. To know that His angels are watching over them.

How humbling to remember that it is not my job to shield them from all harm and all hurt, but to guide them and lead them in the best way I can. Knowing that my purpose is to serve as an image of His love and of His strength - and that a greater love is their destiny.

So as I rest in my Heavenly Father's arms, embracing these precious little ones, I feel the freedom to enjoy their smiles, their giggles, and their kisses. How priceless a gift to be given, to be a Mother in the family that He has given me. I do not have to be perfect, I just have to know which path to follow.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)"

"From everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children. (Psalm 103:17)"

1 comment:

Buffie Cullens said...

Lovely pictures and true words. God has blessed you with a wonderful family, indeed.