Tuesday, January 12, 2021

God still speaks

Bringing over some of my writings from Facebook... Forgive me if seasons and dates are a mess... 

I woke up at 5:30 am with a small nudge. “Come see the sunrise." But I stubbornly closed my eyes and awoke at 6:30 to sun beaming around the curtains. 

Patiently, my Lord waited on me to show up for our date, an hour late.  Unsurprised.  But still willing to talk.  Maybe I missed out on the most gorgeous sunrise my eyes would have ever seen.  Maybe I missed out on finding the perfect, unbroken shell.  


But here is what I know.  God still speaks to His children.  That small voice telling you not to take that perfect job.  Don’t date that smooth guy.  Don’t go out by yourself here tonight.  It’s the little things you chalk up to ‘feelings’ that if heard enough, is your Daddy pounding on the door of your heart, begging you to listen. 

Today, being the gentleman he is - he gifted me with the broken shell and the words “you can still see beauty in brokenness.” It can never be fixed.  Too far past that.  But there is still beauty to be found in the crummy job, the tough marriage, wayward child, or lackluster situation you are in.  Just be still and listen, and then hold your hand up to take His.  He will walk with you in His patient way.  Late or not, He’s always waiting.  Isaiah 41:13


No comments: