Friday, May 28, 2010

Lessons I've learned...

From Braeden's masterpiece "I've been learning by leaps and bounds in First Grade!"

"I have a dream"
I have a dream for a better world.
My dream is to go to Africa to help the children.
I would like for this dream to come true
because I can be proud of my self.

(mommy is already so proud of him just for writing that)

"The tooth fairy"
What does the tooth fairy do with all the teeth?
I think she makes toothpaste out of them.

"Lion and Lamb"
I can be like a lion and a lamb at different times.
Most of the time I am like a lion because I am always
bugging my sister.

"Things to Love"
I love my ant Glinda.
I love my unkol Thad.
I love my dad and my mom.
I love my sister.
I love my brother.
I love my Cosan.

And from the first of the year, a letter from Seth to describe himself to his teacher:
I love science, it is my favorite subject. I have a brother that is going to 1st grade and a little sister going into 3K. My mom thinks I am an artist and my dad thinks I am a good baseball player. I have 1 dog named Gracie and 1 turtle named Turdy. My family and I are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. My mom and dad are helping start a church. My mom is a volunteer for Compassion, she has gone to Africa. I love steak and I love to go fishing.
I like to go to the mountains and camp or stay in a cabin.

Seth Wages

I love seeing what my kids think are important in their lives. I'm thrilled that TV shows and DS games aren't seen as that important but family and friends are. I just love my kiddos and the lessons God is allowing them to learn.

3 comments:

JG said...

"Most of the time I am like a lion because I am always bugging my sister." That's adorable! He has quite a mature outlook for an almost-second grader.

The Beaver Bunch said...

Love it.

christina said...

I loved reading these posts. Your passions shows and is inspiring!