Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My struggling artist


Tonight we were "formally" invited to the County Fine Arts Center to view the new Children's exhibit featuring our own favorite artist. Seth's teacher told me that he had been upset he couldn't bring his painting home to show his dad. But how cool is it that I now have an artist with a piece in a real gallery!! What stinks is that he wound himself up to the point of getting sick and chose to go home before the actual reception. Not only does he draw like his mom, he has my nervousness also. Or I use to anyway. That was kind of kicked to the side after a couple years of married life to a social butterfly. So maybe there is hope yet for my little wall-flower. If not, he can always just sit at home and paint for his mom - as I am his biggest fan....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! How cute! How does it feel to have a son who is a better artist than his mama? Just kidding!!

Tracy said...

Hey, fine by me! Maybe he will one day make money off of his vs. just giving it out as baby gifts :o)