Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for Fulfilled Promises

“Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
- Psalm 100 (NIV)

That is the song that I can sing this Thanksgiving morning! When I really felt that God wanted me to go to Africa, I told T "If He wants me to go, He will take care of it." With around $4000 in expenses due right before Christmas, it took a good bit of faith to send in that $395 deposit back at the first of November. Please don't think I am bragging, I am not usually known for my strong faith. While I trust in God for my salvation and for His love and care of me - I still have the sinful heart which worries incessantly about job security, children's health, safety. If it were only so easy to give it all to God!

But this morning, I am thrilled to write again that our God is an awesome God!! Last night, we had a call from a friend who wanted to donate the remaining portion of my need!! Just to show you how wonderful God is, I wanted to show you my 'excel' worksheet of trip bookkeeping:

(I promise you I do keep neater records for the speech therapy practice) If you could actually read it, you would see that as of today, Thanksgiving, $4196 has been donated! In ONE month!! And currently, the trip expense and my airline ticket to Washington have been purchased. The total?? $4184 !!!!!!!! I am in awe. When I wrote the remaining balance on Monday to Compassion of $1055 from savings, I was at peace thinking, "I knew God would take care of the trip and He saw fit to have this money in our account to be able to use". But He showed me, how much closer could the amounts be?!

In addition, we have several friends who have called to let us know they have checks in the mail so I think my Visa and shots will also be mostly taken care of. (If any additional funds happen to come in, I will be donating them to Compassion's fund to help alleviate the hunger in Ethiopia. )

So next time I worry about a pay cut, or about the risk of travel accidents, or childhood diseases, or fish-hooks in the eye - I need to just stop and remember,

"For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations."

So thankful that applies to our whiney, unfaithful, generation too, aren't you????

No comments: